View Single Post
Old 10-16-2006, 06:30 PM   #8
doortego
Little Bit & Buttons
Donating Member

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChestersMom
I've done my stint with young kids (thank goodness I only had one!), but I'll take the Yorkie, no questions asked!

Hope I didn't offend you with the remark about the city engineers. I know how government works. Chambers County, you guys got hit pretty bad, didn't you? I know a friend of mine was in Liberty County yesterday at his hunting lease and he said he almost had to swim out!

I'm just mad I didn't get the new sod laid in my front yard before this storm hit!

No offense taken. I'm a retired city secretary so we have both had to work on a thick skin.

My husband said we've had about ten inches so far but we've not really had any major problems that I know of. There is one house here in town that floods pretty easily & I feel like it probably got water in it.

Our problem here is that most of Chambers County was water leveled at one time for rice fields. When the rice market failed, people began to plant crops that don't grow well under water like the rice did and now they build homes on the same land. That's a very poor idea but people sure don't want the govt telling them what they can do on their own land, so ....
doortego is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!