View Single Post
Old 10-16-2006, 01:53 PM   #7
TJCHRISYORK
Senior Yorkie Talker

I put my 2cents in on another post where a yorkie had this, I am a human nurse who also gets panceratitis and a lot of time my amalays and lipase are only a bit elevated and sometimes not at all and I can tell you no matter wht the blood work said my pain level said someting else, this is a very painful event and takes awhile to rebound, your goal is to let tht organ rest.........tht is why we go without anything by mouth, so the organ does not have to secerete out those enzymes to breakdown the food.......young or old, animal or human, just make sure your puppy does not hurt........please voice this to your vet, make him tell you tht your puppy is not in pain and then ask him how he knows and if youy are ok with that, then move onto the other important info, like other meds he needs to be on, if any and how long he will need to go like this, ask him wht you should give him, or if he is still resting his belly and if so do you need to bring him in to get an IV, I have a good dr for myself tht when I get a mild case of it, he lets me come in he runs a bag thru me and I am on my way.......not 100percent but I know tht I wont get dehydrated, so if money is a issue, tht is something you can look into as long as you know wht to look for if he gets worse......this is a yiucky thing ti go thru and I am only a human nurse and have this horrible luck to struggle with this, however had not had a attack for a few years now since I watch my diet and take my meds....so good luck, he will be fine, just make sure he is pain free and is getting fluid somehow someway, you need anything else let me know
CHRISTINE
TJCHRISYORK is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!