View Single Post
Old 10-16-2006, 01:37 PM   #4
red98vett
Yorkie Kisses are the Best!
Donating Member

I'm sorry to hear this.....

I can't offer much help but I just had a little experience with pancreatitis

My Chanel got really sick last weekend - I took her to a vet nearby - and she was treated for mild stomach distress - well - she got sick again and while she WAS eating I was really concerned so I took her back to my longtime vet where I used to live - He ran bloodwork and she has mildly elevated Lipase levels - they called it Pylorus ? With her - the levels are at 2300 - very mild - .....with full blown pancreatitis it can be 5000-6000 (I'm only QUOTING My vet here) so PLEASE ....don't take what I'm saying as fact -

and yes - Chicken Rice and the ID food was what I was told to feed her too - but she never stopped drinking - The 1st vet I went to last Monday when she was throwing up gave me cut up Pepcid AC pill type medication -

The 2nd vet prescribed something called Reglan - She takes it 3 x per day to help her with her food - it's taken an hour before eating. My baby has never been sick ever - so this was such a scare for me too....but again - my Chanel's is MILD and could be temporary.

I'm really sorry to hear about your dog because I know it's harder on seniors and it sounds like your yorkie may need more care than a simple vet visit.... Ask your vet about Pedialite (water) and if you have to syringe feed her water - do it ! She needs to drink -

GOOD LUCK !!!!
red98vett is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!