View Single Post
Old 10-16-2006, 10:08 AM   #1
JDL
Yorkie Yakker

Default The true story of yorkiepup.com/Jeff Dane

Alright, most of you have posted your experiences about Jeff Dane, however I found that many of them were from people outside of Texas. I however have had the opportunity to actually go visit this guy, and I just wanted to tell yall how horrible of a place his home is. For those of you who have not had this pleasure, let me paint you a picture....Jeff Dane is very unprofessional. He answered the door in what looked like he had slept in, a shirt with holes in it and from what i remember boxer shorts or something like that. He was very unkempt and missing most of his teeth. Pretty much the epitome of redneck trailer trash. I purchased my first yorkie from him three years ago, and I knew very little about the breed, so I thought he sounded like he knew what he was talking about. I drove out there the next day only to be completely appalled at what I saw. He lives in a very nice house in the middle of nowhere. All the yorkies you see on his website are kept in his garage stacked in towers of crates. There is no heating or ac there and the smell in the garage almost made me fall over. Just imagine probably close to 100 yorkies in tiny crates stacked up crying and barking. It was heartbreaking. His "teacup" yorkies he keeps inside his house. This really upset me, however I had already driven 5 hours out there so I went ahead and purchased Heidi. Jeff told me this dog would not be over 6lbs. full grown. To this day, she is 15-20lbs. She needs to have patella surgery, one of her knee caps is slipping. Some of her dew claws were never removed, so she has a couple extra "toes" When I brought her home, I immediately took her to the vet only to discover that she had kennel cough. Thank God my baby is somewhat healthy today, and my heart goes out to those of you who have had worse experiences with sick puppies. This breeder must be stopped. I was shocked to see one dog he had, "Little Joe", that was literally 1lb.! The dog looked like a hamster or something! It had what looked like a humpback, and just looked like the most sickly dog I have ever seen. Jeff told me that was one of his stud dogs and that Jay Leno had offered him 11,000.00$ for that dog. He also told me that Oscar de la Hoya had bought dogs from him. I now see through all his lies. The man must have 200+ yorkies at his house, and when I asked to see the parents of my dog, he said he did not have them on the premises. He actually acted very offended and got defensive. What can we do to put this man out of business? My heart goes out to every puppy he has in that place. I am thinking of starting an anti-Jeff Dane website with information....anyone have any ideas?

Joanna
JDL is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!