View Single Post
Old 10-16-2006, 05:56 AM   #1
TLC
Slave to My Rug-Rats
Donating Member

Thumbs up AWESOME - Suffolk Yorkie Meetup!

Hey Suffolk / Nassau County Yorkies...

We went to the meetup yesterday! BIG success (at least in my book)

There were about 12 Yorkies there. Everyone was sooooooooooo nice. The host was extremely nice. It wasn't weird at all....We got there about 2:15pm, and everone started to show up in 5 min intervales. For the first 1/2 hour all the Yorkies were just checking everyone out - and peeing

TJ and Roxy were very shy and scared. They just wanted to be held, but me and Troy wouldn't pick them up So they either stayed under a chair, until a Yorkie came to check them out and then they were FORCED to move, OR they hugged the fence line. I think after a few meet ups they will come out of their shell. All the Yorkies were so cute. There were a few that were about 2 lbs. and a few that were approx. 7-8 lbs. The average was approx. 4lbs. All behaved very well. I was so proud of TJ and Roxy. They stuck it out. Roxy is very submissive, BUT she showed NO submissive signs or behavior, in fact, I think that 1 hour of the "play time" boosted her confidence a lot. When we got home, she was eating out of TJ's dish, while he was lying right next to her chewing on a flossy...Normally this would not happen b/c TJ would attack her. And then later she even played chase and was barking a Troy to play chase with her...THIS NEVER HAPPENS, she is normally so shy! I am soooooooooooo HAPPY!

Everyone started to leave by 3 - 3:30 pm. It was very worth it. They are a very nice group, and really everyone just pays attention to the Yorkies running around the yard!
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!