View Single Post
Old 05-22-2005, 06:46 PM   #9
daisysmom
Senior Yorkie Talker

Quote:
Originally Posted by marcismom
As far as her being in pain, that's a relative question. We still have not filled the valium prescription on the fridge for her, but we have begun to give her almost daily doses of childrens benadryl to take the "edge" off of her uncomfortableness. It used to be that we needed to do this when the atmospheric pressure got to high/low in a sudden burst, but it seems almost a daily thing now to allow her to "rest" more comfortably--- not wonder around the room in search of a resting spot (when her bed/crate is in the same room.... and where she has always gone when she hasn't felt well).

She still eats (though not as much) and is still able to do all things necessary outside.

But how do you say it's time for an animal who has a history of never giving up?
Wow, it saddens me to hear your baby isn't well. I have never heard of what she has before and can't even imagine what you are going through, my heart goes out to you and your family.

As far as when you know it's time? She may tell you herself. Couple of years ago, my fiance's mom's Irish Wolfhound (was a beautiful Championed dog) was old and dying (he was 8.5 yrs that is old for and Irish Wolfhound) he was showing signs of fatigue and not his usual self. The day he died he waited on the front porch til she got home from work and when she let him in the house he walked around paced for a bit and waited until she sat down on the couch and he came to lay down on her lap and passed away.

Give your baby lots of hugs and kisses and extra treats and if it's time to go, hopefully she'll let you know.
daisysmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!