View Single Post
Old 10-14-2006, 09:30 AM   #15
Brookef18
Donating YT 1000 Club Member

Chewy came from a pet shop. My hubby fell in love on sight... (He would not let us get a yorkie and then, with in ten min he was saying yes. I truey feel he would never have caved. But being in the store and playing with him changed his mind. He would never have gone to a breeders house to LOOK! The dogs in this pet store are clean, have toys to play with... the staff does take them out to play when they can, and I have seem them grooming them, so I know they try to do what they can while the dog is in their care....
I had no idea what a puppy mill was. I have to say, Chewy is healthy, loving, and sweet, hand friendly,potty trained since 4 months old, and sleeps through the night, and is AKC registered. All the things people constantly say the oposit about pet store dogs.
I can't say I wouldn't get another dog from a pet shop. I know the money goes to puppy mills but these poor babies need a home!
There is a yorkie right now in the pet store that is BIG! She will be around 16 pounds by the time she is full grown as far as the store can guess... She has been rotting in her cage for over a month! My daughter and I go to play with her every weekend to make sure she gets exercise and some fun but she NEEDS a home. I fear she won't get adopted because she is so big. My heart is breaking for this poor baby. I'd save her myself if I thought for sure it would be the best thing for my family but I can't aford her, and I worry that Chewy would revert back to going potty in the house, and other puppy stuff he is being good about now.
People on here are very quick to down puppy stores, but I have a few friends that all got their dogs from pet stores... all are healthy, all are sweet wonderful pets. Please remember that when you say bad things about pet store dogs you are talking about some one's family pet... A memeber of their family, and it does hurt... THanks
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!