View Single Post
Old 10-13-2006, 09:35 AM   #3
Erin
Donating YT 1000 Club Member

We did the crate and it worked great - Loki still loves his crate. I say "crate" and I think a lightbulb goes off in his head and he thinks "Oh good a nap!"

I assume you want them to go outside? And if they are already crate trained then they are not peeing in their crates, right? Basically you crate them and then let them out to pee. It helps to take them out on leashes so you just stand in one spot and then give them a REALLY good treat when they go - a treat you don't give them any other time. When you are SURE they are empty then let them run around for 30 mins or so and then back in the crate until the next time they need to go out. You'll do this boot camp style for about a week or two and then increase the free time outside the crate. IF one of them pees on the floor and you see them - startle them! (Like say "AACCKK") and pick them up and IMMEDIATELY go outside. Praise them for finishing but then put them BACK in the crate. They will learn that peeing outside = free time and peeing inside=time out. Does that make sense??
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!