View Single Post
Old 10-13-2006, 08:36 AM   #39
kalina82
Phantom Queen Morrigan
Donating Member

i don't think the procedure the 'bad' vet used was wrong. i just think she went about it wrong. she should have tried to take the stitches out with you in the room or she should have give you an antibiotic without taking the stitches out. she had to attempt to take them out without anesthesea because it would have been quicker, easier, and better for the pup overall. no sense in knocking her out again. when she made an attempt to get them out and it was too painful she should have sent you home with ABs to take for a few days. if that didn't work then you put her under again to take them out. Also about not bandaging it up when it was bleeding, sometimes its better for an open wound to be left open so that it can drain. putting a bandage over it could only increase infection by creating a darkm, moist area. the shirt was probably just to prevent blood getting on you and the car. And she shouldn't have told you to wait a week. that's too long for a bleeding infection with a puppy.

While i agree that you and the pup were treated wrongly, i don't think what she did was totally wrong. she just did a bad job at it. i hope you can understand my point. its not meant to go against what you are saying. i just wanted to let you know the possible reason for what the vet did.
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!