View Single Post
Old 10-12-2006, 06:33 AM   #15
lksdolls
YT 1000 Club Member

I'm sorry for your loss. It's very difficult to loose a puppy, especially a young one. I've been breeding yorkies for six years and sometimes, no matter what you do, they don't make it. I know this is after the fact but next time your female is ready to give birth, make sure to have a puppy bottle and pre-mixed supplemental puppy milk on hand and a heating pad. Our Reggie gave birth to 6 puppies back on March 27th. The little boy died on April 3rd and then we lost Reggie on April 4th leaving me with 5 baby girls to hand raise. When I took them for their 6 week check up, my vet smiled from ear to ear. He was pleasantly surprised that they all made it. They are six and half months old now, three of them are living with YT members and the other two we kept. I know I had some heavenly intervention dealing with the death of my Reggie and determined to see her little girls survive and grow up. I'm sorry you had to go through this but unfortunately, that's the way it is sometimes. A couple of years ago we lost a pup during one of the coldest spells of winter and the ground was too hard to bury him. My husband came up with the idea of using PVC pipe cut to length and sealed on both ends. I then I use a marker and write on his/her name, date of birth and date of death. Reggie was too big but hubby did come up with a pipe but we couldn't get the ends big enough to seal it so he was going to cement the ends and bury her. I couldn't deal with that so I had her cremated and she sits beside me at the computer, just like she always did.
May God be with you and your little ones.
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!