Thread: PayPal
View Single Post
Old 10-12-2006, 05:54 AM   #9
BamaFan121s
Donating YT 10K Club Member

OK, so let me explain the situation and give me your honest answers.
So far I have opened a complaint with both PayPal and will with Ebay when I can (10 days after). I will also be contacting my bank to try to stop the payment. We're talking 168.00 here...

I bought ticket(s) through ebay. The item was listed as ticketS...plural, row 2, which I thought was 2 tickets. OK, my fault, but still listed incorrectly. In the auction, the seller said she would be willing to exchange phone #s and meet to complete the transaction, which is what I preferred rather than the $20 for overnight shipping. (This is for an event on Saturday, so I'd rather not push it.)
After I discovered it wasn't what I wanted, I sent her a message asking if she would PLEASE cancel the transaction out of the goodness of her heart. I knew she didn't have to and was willing to pay and take the loss, if she refused. She also stated in the auction, please send me your correct shipping address if different from your ebay account. WHICH MINE IS--so with the paypal payment that I'd already made, I included my cell number and my actual shipping address vs my credit card billing address...which I do not have access to for deliveries, I also requested a tracking number.
I get a message back from her stating that, sorry, she shipped the item as soon as she saw it was paid to XXX address--a WRONG address...she said the one XXX that was on the paypal account (which ISN"T even on the account, it isn't even correct) looked funny, so she searched through our county's property records, found what looked right and sent the item there. She doesn't have a tracking number, she'll get it to me later (which I still don't have) and it should be here Friday, which is not overnight!

So...
1) She sent it to an address that was wrong, despite being provided with the correct one AS SHE REQUESTED. An address that she looked up and *thought* was right...
2) She had incorrectly listed the item.
3) She charged me for overnight shipping, yet she isn't shipping it overnight.
4) Can't provide a tracking number
5) Didn't even bother to offer the delivery service that she offered in her auction.
BamaFan121s is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!