View Single Post
Old 10-12-2006, 05:29 AM   #1
Frustrated Mom
Yorkie Talker

Default Beware Of Shadow Creek Kennels!

I recently purchased a Yorkie puppy from Robin Fisher at Shadow Creek Kennels (she had just purchased the business from Pam and John Martin, who have gotten rave reviews on this forum). Before the puppy was sent, Robin told me that the puppy had a "fungus" on his ear that would be easily treated with a cream for several weeks. I spoke to the vet's office that did the wellness check (unfortunately, not with the dr. that saw him) and was informed that it was nothing contagious and would not be an issue for my family, including my 10 month old son. I took the puppy to my vet as soon as I got him and was informed that this "fungus" was RINGWORM. Ringworm is particularly stubborn in Yorkies and it has been almost four months and he still has it. I take the dog to the vet once a week for treatment and thus far, it has cost me well over
$400.00. My son has had it four times - twice on his scalp which has caused hair loss. Robin insisted that she did not know what it was, but another conversation with the vet who actually examined the dog revealed that she knew EXACTLY what it was - and she sent him to my home anyway.
I am writing this in hopes of preventing this from happening to anyone else. It is extremely costly and very difficult to get rid of in your home!!! Please BEWARE.

Last edited by Frustrated Mom; 10-12-2006 at 05:34 AM.
Frustrated Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!