View Single Post
Old 10-11-2006, 11:04 PM   #13
Maggie123
Yorkie Yakker

Default thank you all

Thank you all for your kind words. I feel sooooo sad about the death of the little boy, but i know he was premature and he was super super tiny with little movement since the moment he was born. The rest of the litter is fine. I'm not though because I wake up every two hours to make sure the smallest girl is eating. She is half the size of the biggest baby which worries me. And all the others gained weight since saturday (thier birthday). The girl looks like she gained a little but shes still short and skinny. Here is what is weird...she eats the most and the longest out of all of them so I thought she should gain alot sooner. But it's not happening. She likes to suck on the nipple for about 20-30 mins every hour and half to two hours but sometimes she falls asleep at the nipple which is sooo cute, so I let her sleep for 2 -5 mins and then I pat her or massage her head or back and she wakes up right away and starts sucking away! And she moves her arms against mommy's skin, which shows that she has some strenght. None of them can fully walk on all fours yet. They kinda crawl/slither/roam and fall around on each other. They use thier arms, but not so strong with back legs...she is the weakest wth back legs but she uses them but they kinda wobble. She crawls on her mom's hair and likes when her mom licks her. She's a good eater and nothing comes out of her nose. Does that look good?? Iwant to make sure shes going to survive...the vet looked at her and said that if she makes it in 8 days then she will make it all the way. That is why we're taking shifts and holding her at the nipple (she tends to fall off sometimes and the bigger babies steal her nipple). She has a hard time finding the nipple and getting her little mouth on it..so i have to help her open her mouth and put it in her and then she naturally sucks and even makes little cute noises sometimes. So does this look good ??? How long do I have to help her and wake up every two hours of the night and help her during the day??? This doggie makes me very tired but i love her....but i don't think I want to have real human babies from this experience....waking up in the middle of the night and feeding and worrying....very overwhelming. From this entire experience, I love her so much that I want to keep her but I already have her older brother and sister from a diff litter so I can't have that many dogs.
Maggie123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!