View Single Post
Old 10-11-2006, 08:35 PM   #1
BlondieGirl87
No Longer A Member

Default Looking for a Yorkie in the South Carolina area

I've lurked on this sight for a little while now and finally decided to make it official and join! I have been looking for a Yorkie now for about three months or so. I've checked online and unfortunately all I found were shady breeders from puppymills or scams. I refuse to buy a Yorkie from a pet shop and encourage what these awful breeders do at puppymills ( ) so I've decided to just be patient and wait until I can find the perfect dog from a good breeder.

I live in the Columbia area and was wondering if there were any reputable breeders around here or close to here that had any puppies available? I don't really mind if it is a girl or a boy, but would prefer to have one around 4 to 4 and 1/2 pounds. I would like a smaller Yorkie but not too terribly small as I've read the smaller ones can have health issues and I am looking for a very healthy puppy. I'm not really concerned with having papers or champion bloodlines, so long as the dog is in good health. I'm just looking for a companion and not a show dog or a dog for breeding. I've checked the classified adds and the only ones I've found there are a little out of my price range. The most I could afford for one right now would be more in the 500 range rather than the 1,000 range, however, I'm willing to wait rather than justify a puppies health for a cheaper price tag. I would prefer to pick up the puppy myself rather than have it shipped and am willing to drive to come and get it if you are in South Carolina or North Carolina and may be open to driving to other neighboring states as well.

If any of you have any puppies or ever an older Yorkie that would fit those qualifications I would love to hear from you!
BlondieGirl87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!