View Single Post
Old 10-09-2006, 08:50 PM   #1
BelaMom
Yorkie Talker

Cry Bela is sick - any advice until we can get to the vet?

HI Everyone!!

We are new to this forum and have a sweet 10 year old Yorkie named Bela. Bela has had diarrhea all day today and now is vomiting a bit and I have been noticing that she is panting on and off as well. We live in Alaska and Bela rarely pants due to the heat here. she stays indors most of the time and it is a comfortable 70 degrees in the house now and she is panting.....this is highly unusual so I am positive it is not due to her being hot.

We feed her Natural Balance Reduced fat kibble with some chicken broth and just a few healthy treats and occasional bits of table scraps but this is VERY limited. Bela is not overweight. Last night I did do something out of the ordinary for both myself and the dogs.....I went to Burger King for a BK Veggie sandwich and got an order of onion rings - when I got home I decided not to eat the onion rings and gave each of our dogs aproximately 2 onion rings before I tossed them.

Do any of you have experience withh fried food and tummy upset?? We rarely eat fast food ourselves and almost never give greasy food to the dogs either. The onion rings may have nothing to do with Bela's tummy upset at all but thought it was worth a shot in asking you.

It's 8:30pm here and unless Bela takes a turn for the worse I plan to take her in to see our regular vet in the morning instead of taking her to the emergency room tonight. She is a bit lethargic but still seems very alert and has a normal temperature.

I have given Bela a small dose of Kaopectate to help with her diarrhea.

Thank you in advance for any advice or experience you might have to share.

Lisa and sweet Bela

Visit my Art Website
http://www.dreamdogpaintings.com

Last edited by BelaMom; 10-09-2006 at 08:52 PM.
BelaMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!