View Single Post
Old 10-09-2006, 12:50 PM   #5
Iheartmypup
Yorkie Yakker

Default I’m new at this too!

I’m new at this too. I have been reading up and asking the pet stores a lot of questions but here is what we have been doing.

I have a crate that is wire to she can see thru it and it is divided so that she only has room to turn around. I keep Irie, my 11 week old girl, in her crate at night and keep her crate right by my bed. Dogs are very clean animals and prefer not to lie in the waste. Every time she needs to eliminate she starts to wine and it wakes us up. We take her out; she does her business, and then goes back into her crate and right to sleep. The first night she woke us up every 2 hours and now we are up to 4 hours (it’s been 8 days). It seems to be working. I plan on crating at night and when she sleeps until she can at least hold it for the whole night. I won’t give her free roam of the house ever. Too much stuff she can get into and too many places she might pee. I know too many people who think their dog is house broken but probably have no idea the places the pee… I just prefer to watch her closely while she is a pup so she is safe and so every time I think she is going to pee I can run her outside. During the day she goes out about every 2 hours and after meals (right now my Dad watches her Mon- Fri so I am very lucky for that). Like I said I am new at this but I this seems to be working for us. Hope this helps.
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!