View Single Post
Old 10-09-2006, 11:26 AM   #7
TJCHRISYORK
Senior Yorkie Talker

I am so sorry to hear about your little one. I am a nurse..human nurse not dog.....and I also suffer with human pancreatitis and I will tell you that is the most PAINFUL thing I have ever gone thru, I have had Dr tell me that a pt with bone cancer said tht his pancreatitis flair ups hurt worse the his bone cancer, the above thread is right on......it is all about the fat....actually 85% of humans tht get it are alcholics and the rest tht get it are from people tht have high cholestrol and triglysr. and in most cases lead to diabetes. So I hope it is safe to say puppy isnt hitting the bottle every night so I am going with the fatty food problem ,which is the same reason I get it when I dont take my cholestrol meds and watch my diet. The treatment your puppy is getting is exactly wht I recv when I am in the hospital, which is NPO, IV fluids and pain meds, tht is the ONLY thing you can do, and sometimes antibiotics....NPO means nothing to eat or drink by mouth. I am sure after this scare with your puppy I dont need to tell you never give them people food, even when they turn on the puppy face....u guys did the right thing by bringing the puppy in ASAP, cause the sooner you get an IV started and letthe pancreas rest the better you feel...take it from someone who knows first hand, I hope this helps and if you want more info I am sure you can google or whtever something about pancreatitis from fatty foods and you will get a lot of info..........good luck and the puppy will be just fine he is getting everything he needs and only time will make this go away.............CHRISTINE
TJCHRISYORK is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!