Thread: Temperment???
View Single Post
Old 10-09-2006, 11:11 AM   #8
stedmansmommy
I Love My Lil' Punkin's
Donating Member

Stedman would never in a million years bite another dog. He gets really excited, and can play a little rough sometimes...he doesn't even know he's being rough...but he would NEVER bite a person, nor would he ever bite another animal. And when I say "rough", I mean rough in a sense that he could end up hurting HIMSELF (jumping too high, running so fast that he could end up running into something, etc.), but never rough with other animals. He just loves to play, play, play.

I have heard a couple people say before that they always thought that Yorkies were "yippy" and that they nipped at people...well, not mine. Stedman only barks when he hears or sees something he normally doesn't hear or see (a neighbor dog barking, a kid yelling outside and laughing loud, frogs hopping in the yard, the meter reader walking up to the fence in our backyard LOL...etc.).

Now one of my sisters good friends owns a Yorkie, and she DOES bark 24/7...and she DOES nip/bite at people she doesn't know. And she will also nip at your heels when you are walking and she is behind you, which can get kind of annoying at times. However, I don't blame it on the Yorkie. My sisters friend has FOUR kids that have been rough with that poor baby since day one. They do alot of rough housing with her and her kids are EXTREMELY hyper, so I think all of this combined has made her the way she is today. In this situation, it was the environment in which the Yorkie was raised in, not the actual Yorkie itself. I think that had she of been raised in a calmer, more peaceful environment where she wasn't constantly being played with soooo rough, she may just be a totally different dog.

My neighbor on the side of me, and the neighbor across the street from me both own little Yorkies, and they are both angels. Very well behaved with a good temperament, just like Stedman.

I think it's all in the way you treat and raise the dog.

They have us wrapped around their little paws!
stedmansmommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!