View Single Post
Old 10-08-2006, 03:52 PM   #4
sashajade
YT 1000 Club Member

my scampi didnt stop doing it but I STOPPED him doing it, as soon as he would start barking or growling i would pick him up and carm him down then take his mind off of it by leaving the room with him then playing with him or giving him food, that way he would forget what happened by the time i brought him back in the room with the other dogs. the dog that is attacking is the top dog and she is protecting you, showing the other dog shes boss, and as dogs let off a smell when angery or in a hightend state she can smell this from the other dog so she attacks it, she could also be smelling it from the other 2 dogs and mistakes it from your pup. the 4 yorkies i had at the time i had scampi would all bark at the door and would be in a hightened state and aggressive towards the person who they couldnt see was knocking at the door (this is normal as they bark to alert you to a maybe intruder) but as scampi would then smell it coming from the others and see them barking or even standing in a way he saw aggressive he would attack them by mistake, he wouldnt realise they were in fact backing him up and helping him. some dogs also attack when they have been playing.
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!