View Single Post
Old 10-08-2006, 07:22 AM   #12
Bnot
YT 1000 Club Member

I'm so sorry about Gizmo's condition. Its really sad when they get in that condition.

My neighbors dog is blind too, and time is getting close. They put a ramp out back cause their dog couldn't get up steps anymore. But my nieghbors dog doesn't have heart condition, and collapsed trachea.

I also took in my nieghbors dog, that was 15, back in 2001. He did good for a few years, then started going straight downhill. I knew time was coming close, but didn't know "when" would be the right time. All folks would say is "you'll know when its time". I waited and wondered what they were talking about, then yes, I did know it was time one morning. One day, he was just laying there, and couldn't get up to eat, I was hand feeding him. He started peeing and pooping on himself later that day. I knew time had come then. I'd hoped he'd go quietly in his sleep, but it didn't happen.

My heart and prayers go out to you. I know this is one of the hardest decisions you'll ever have to make for Gizmo. But be assured, you will really know when its time.
Bnot is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!