View Single Post
Old 10-07-2006, 03:43 AM   #7
Yorkie3
Donating YT 3000 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MyTrixie143
For the barking problem try the pennies in a can, it seems to work wonders and will quiet them right away. Also, teach her to bark on command. Once she barks on command reward her. Then have her bark on command and then quiet her right away and reward her big time for being quiet. I know this sounds like you are teaching her a bad habit, but actually you are teaching her, once she learns, that she gets lots of rewards and praise for being quiet when told and no treats, no attention or praise when she barks.

As for the pad training, be patient and consistent. Start back at square one if you need to. I always suggest crate training, it is so easy and it it the quickest and most successful with house training. Always take her to the pad and don't let her get off of it until she goes.

Hang in there, it takes time and sometimes it seems so hard and impossible, but it is not, just be consistent and patient and it will pay off in the end.

If you have any questions, just ask me and I will be happy to help you any way I can.
Thank you, but I've tried all the above. It's not like I don't know what to do, it's just that I've tried them all already. The pennies were working great, but now it's like no big deal to her. As soon as you stop making the noise, she starts in again. I've tried spraying with water, and water and vinegar, to no avail. I've used the sonic noise thing. All three of us have been very consistant with her. As far as pad training, she was 100% from the time she was born until about 2 months ago. I've had her checked at the Vet to be sure there were no bladder infections or problems. She checks out 100% through the blood tests. I've crate trained all my Yorkies and my Golden, so I know what to do there. I've got 3 other Yorkies who are just fine and learned, but Izzie is a handful. I know she is still young, and I'm really a very patient person when it comes to my babies..I'm just tired and I'm really leaning more to letting her go to a new home. It just has to be the perfect home and that's gonna be hard to find in my eyes.

Anyone else with suggestions that I haven't already tried?
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!