Thread: winter chill
View Single Post
Old 10-07-2006, 12:29 AM   #1
myteddybear
Donating Senior Yorkie Talker

Default winter chill

Hi,
I am new here and have been reading lots. You are all a great wealth of information and all your babies are beautiful!

I am a new Yorkie mom to Teddy Bear 3 1/2 months and about 2 1/2 lbs or so. We live in Alaska which brings me to my question.........

It's just the begining of October and already cold and wet most of the time. 43 right and raining right now. Teddy loves to come out with me. He has his car seat booster in tha car and comes into any and all stores, skating rink while I watch my children and anyplace else I can go without being asked to leave. Most times though since we live outside of town when we go we are out for several hours at a time. I always bring potty pads and try to get him to go in the handicap stall in the ladies bathroom but usually he doesn't go. If I don't get him to go before the ride home he might have an accident in the carseat (happened 2 times) Right now I am having go outside just before getting in the car and he usually does go then BUT he shivers and shakes and is just freezing. Poor thing. It's only going to get colder.

So my question is how do you all keep your babies warm in the winter. He wears a sweater but it doesn't seem to help outside. I want to know if him getting chilled like that for a few minutes at a time to go potty could make him sick? Our winter is colder than our summer here and can't imagine not taking out with me for that whole time.

Kim
myteddybear is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!