View Single Post
Old 10-06-2006, 11:16 AM   #3
yorkieusa
Crazy about Kacee!
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmwoody
Hello everyone I'm new here, and this is my first "real" post... I am looking for a pooch, and need a bit of advice, because I have the opportunity to buy one of 3 different dogs, and can't decide

#1 is pretty much just what I want. The gender is right, the age is just about what I wanted, guess on adult weight is right in the middle of the range I'm looking for. I feel at ease talking to the breeder, and feel that if I had any questions or problems I could call for advice. Price is reasonable, but pick up includes a very long drive and would most likely be an all day thing. I don't care about registration... but this pup may come with papers (I haven't asked).

#2 is about a 20-30min drive, and less than 1/2 the price of #1. It is not the gender I prefer, but is still a cute yorkie This dog is older, and needs to be re-homed to avoid the pound Does not come with papers (again, I don't care but understand that it affects the 'value' of a dog). I'm not sure of the size, still waiting to hear back from my last email. Being a re-home, I am pretty sure that there would not be the same phone help if I needed it (of course I've found Ya'll )

#3 is about an hour away. It is a mixed breed, which I am ok with, but of course would not have papers. This dog is younger than I wanted, just a baby who is just now ready to leave mom. Gender is right, size guess is right. Cost is a little more than dog #2, but still almost 1/2 the cost of #1. It is from a small breeder, I've seen pics of the parents.

So, what do you think?

~Jessica
Pictures? We can't tell you which one is the right fit for you. Just some advice. Do you know if #1 or #2 are housebroken for a fact? If not, please keep in mind that older dogs that are not housebroken can be very difficult to housebreak, if not impossible, to housebreak. You didn't state ages or the backgrounds of these dogs - where they lived previously or how they lived previously. How old is the first one? Has it been living in a kennel or a house? Just some things to kick around. Kennel dogs can be very, very difficult, especially if you have not dealt with one previously.
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!