View Single Post
Old 10-06-2006, 11:11 AM   #2
vainchick5
YT 6000 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmwoody
Hello everyone I'm new here, and this is my first "real" post... I am looking for a pooch, and need a bit of advice, because I have the opportunity to buy one of 3 different dogs, and can't decide

#1 is pretty much just what I want. The gender is right, the age is just about what I wanted, guess on adult weight is right in the middle of the range I'm looking for. I feel at ease talking to the breeder, and feel that if I had any questions or problems I could call for advice. Price is reasonable, but pick up includes a very long drive and would most likely be an all day thing. I don't care about registration... but this pup may come with papers (I haven't asked).

#2 is about a 20-30min drive, and less than 1/2 the price of #1. It is not the gender I prefer, but is still a cute yorkie This dog is older, and needs to be re-homed to avoid the pound Does not come with papers (again, I don't care but understand that it affects the 'value' of a dog). I'm not sure of the size, still waiting to hear back from my last email. Being a re-home, I am pretty sure that there would not be the same phone help if I needed it (of course I've found Ya'll )

#3 is about an hour away. It is a mixed breed, which I am ok with, but of course would not have papers. This dog is younger than I wanted, just a baby who is just now ready to leave mom. Gender is right, size guess is right. Cost is a little more than dog #2, but still almost 1/2 the cost of #1. It is from a small breeder, I've seen pics of the parents.

So, what do you think?

~Jessica
Hi and Welcome!!! I personally would go for the one my gut instinct is telling me to go with. I would pick #1 because even though you have a whole days drive, you are not settling in your puppies quality and characteristics. It sounds like that baby is just perfect for you. So make the sacrifice, grab a friend/bf/husband/child and make it a road trip to go get your baby
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!