View Single Post
Old 10-06-2006, 08:36 AM   #9
Rem&Silkmom
YT 500 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ARCHIE
I am so glad Remmy's surgery is over. You must be so relieved.
What cause these stones to form? Poor baby.
It depends on the kind of stones. His stones are from the urine being to alkaline and not enough acid. He is almost 4 and never had them before.
He had struvite stones the last time. So they put him on the Hill's prescription food C/D. C/D is maint to keep them from getting struvite stones. Remmy had a bladder infection back in July. So at that time they put him on the S/D prescription food. That food is supposed to disolve crystals and stuvite stones.
At that time we did not think he had stones because the last time he had blood in his urine even after being on antibiotics. So this time no blood in the urine. I just took a urine sample in last Sat and it showed no blood in his urine. However his Ph has remained on the high side. The vet told me the S/D should have lowered his ph.
So now I have to wait for these stones to go to the lab to determine what kind of stones they are before they can recommnd treatment.
I just want you all to know I have tried several things, Canberry extract, vitamin C, syringing water into Remmy. When Remmy was on the S/D food I had no problem with him drinking water. He drank a bowlful everyday. His urine never appeared cloudy or dark. It was very clear. I'm at a loss...he could have gone to the other extreme and gotten to much acid and developed calcium oxlate stones. We just won't know unitl the results come back from the lab.
I am now looking at Apple Cider Vinger. I was reading on the internet that it acts as a ph balancer for the urine. I have to check around...can't believe everything you read on the internet...but at this point I'm willing to try anything.
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!