View Single Post
Old 10-05-2006, 08:18 AM   #5
TatumsMom
Donating YT 500 Club Member

Tatum eats Innova with the Grizzly Salmon oil squirted on it. As for treats, she usually gets yogurt drops but recently I finally got some Cheerios and she learned how to chase and catch a frisbee (one of those little soft ones) in NO TIME at all! She loved the Cherrios!! A good suggestion I've heard on YT is to use the frosted Cheerios or honey ones for the wee ones because it helps with their sugar levels. We're past the hypoglycemic issues so I use the plain ones.

Another suggestion I've heard was to use the Science Diet T/D food as treats. This is the precription one for teeth issues. I didn't want to use it as an every day food so my vet gave me some to use as treats for Tatum and Stormie (our Aust. Shep.). They're pretty great! It's hard to describe but the way the food nugget is made is different. Trying to explain..... when you break one open you see that it's got a different texture inside, kinda like a chex mix piece and the fact that it's real crunchy, when they bite into it, the texture of the food piece helps to scrape tartar off their teeth. Did that make sense? It's a pretty large piece of food but Tatum thinks it's a great occasional treat!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!