View Single Post
Old 12-01-2004, 10:14 AM   #1
FunkyMunkie
Senior Yorkie Talker

Question So I was in denial, we must paper train...HELP!

Hello everyone!!

I do think it's important to let you all know that we are all a bit ADD around here. So with that said...I coming here to ask for your help once again. It seems that here at home we have tendencies of forgetting to walk Luna thus we have been having many, many accidents as of late. Yes, human error I know, do not worry we haven't really scolded her for it. But, I am so afraid that this is confusing her because we are not being consistent. We have decided to start paper training Luna that way she can go in the house at a certain place instead of going out and in. The only thing is that when we leave a wee wee pad out she starts biting it. What I did today was make sure to spoil it with her own pee that way, hopefully, she will recognize that as something not to play with.

I've been so frustrated with walking her because she doesn't always go when we take her and then 15 mins later she'll go inside, again I know this is human error. We really aren't those type of people to be so consistent in taking her out because we simply forget. I'm so ashamed to admit it, but it's true. And we don't want her to be a confused puppy for her whole life so please please help me out here... any suggestions are greatly appreciated!

Another thing is that I think she is getting basic training confused. Once she sees treats she dashes straight to the rug and sits there waiting for a treat. So I don't even have the chance to command her to sit, lol. I know that, that is just a matter of time when she'll get the hang of sitting on command or following other commands soon enough but my question is... is it better for me to stick with teaching her one command a week, then introducing a new command the next week, or can I mix the commands like 5 mins of learning to sit and 5 mins of learning to stay...

Thanks so much in advance!

sincerely,
your very confused yorkie friend (LOL)
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!