View Single Post
Old 10-04-2006, 07:27 AM   #4
Lorraine
Donating YT 1000 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JediGirl
Hello Everyone,
I am new to these forums and I am glad to be here.
I have an 8 week old Yorkie-Poo (75% Yorkshire 25% toy poodle) and she weighs just under 1 pound. I just got her last week so I am learning every day. When she has a bowel movement, the hair gets sticky and matted on her bottom. She has trouble going to the bathroom when the hair is hard and matted. We trimmed some of the hair and put Vaseline around the area. I can’t be there to put Vaseline on her ever time, is there anything else I could do to prevent it?

Thanks in advance!
This puppy is way to small and way to young to be away from its breeder and its mom. This puppy should never be left alone for long periods of time as it can go down and die very quickly from hypoglycemia especially with its small size. You must ensure it is eating well and very frequently. I would also be concerned of its health prospects given the size. It wouldn't be a bad idea, if you haven't done so, to have a thorough Vet check with a Veterinarian very knowledgable in toy breeds.
You will need to keep the bum area trimmed and cleaned as it can plug up if it cannot defecate properly, bloat and die. I would suspect a problem as it should not have such a soft poo all the time.
Lorraine is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!