View Single Post
Old 10-04-2006, 06:49 AM   #2
Oscar's Mummy
Donating Senior Yorkie Talker

Wow that is really tiny! She's a peanut!

Is her stool really loose? A yorkie's 'normal' bm should kindof look like a tootsie roll - and be firm - when it is, you don't usually have to deal with the messy bums. If her stool is a little soft, it could be due to the stress of being in a new environment (a week isn't that long, and although she may seem playful and happy, she may still be adjusting). Any slight change in a yorkie's environment or routine can disrupt their delicate systems and throw things out of wack. Are you feeding her the same food that the breeder was feeding her? If you changed her food, did you do it gradually and mix it with her old food? A sudden change in food will also cause tummy upset.

As far as the vaseline - I'm not sure I understand what you are using it for - is it to kind of part the hair away from her bum? I would just trim the hair more - she's still very young and it will grow back quickly.

If she has diarrhea and has had it for more than 24hrs I would take her to a vet. Is she eating and drinking well? Puppies that small can become hypoglycemic very quickly - did your breeder explain to you the risks of hypoglycemia with a puppy this small? If you don't have some already, I would get some Nutrical to have on hand.

Good luck with your new little one - post some pictures!

OH, and WELCOME TO YT!
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!