View Single Post
Old 10-03-2006, 11:26 PM   #1
Jackieb
YorkieTalk Newbie!

Default Our sadie is very sick

Hi, I am new and I just got out of bed to get on line to try to find someone on the web that may offer us some ideas about our Yorkie.
Sadie is nine yrs old and has been in our family since a puppy. She belonged to my mother in law and about 1.5 yrs before my mother in law passed away she let my husband and I know that she wanted Sadie to be w/us because she could tell that we loved her very much.
She did well when she came to live w/us which really surprised me because I didn't know how she would react to moving from the only home she had ever known.
She came to live w/us last October and on this past labor day weekend she had a shaking attack per say. She was shaking so much her ears looked as if she was shivering uncontrollably and it was not a bit cold. We thought something had scared her but we didn't know what. The shaking spells happened a few more times and then she quit eating and drinking much as well as her BMs lessened and now when she has a BM it is long skinny black and tarry. We have taken her to the vet 2 xs and he has given her worm pills because I at first thought her BMs looked as if she may have worms. She never passed what I thougth looked like a worm again until last night. The last time we took her to the vet was a week ago last Friday and he thougth Sadie had possibly hurt her back and he gave her a shot and sent medicine (Matacam) home w/us to give her daily. She is no better, she can hardly jump at all, she can't/won't eat, she mopes and if we try to help her she goes under a couch as if to say don't touch me. We are going to the vet again in the morning but he has not once ran any blood tests or anything diagnostic. He just basically looks at her. Oh I almost forgot-the time before last I took her to the vet when I thought she had worms-because of the bms I saw-she had also been rubbing circles sitting on her butt on the floor-the vet released her anal glands or something to that nature.
Does anyone have any ideas because I want to help Sadie and I don't know what to do. She is loosing weight fast and she is not that big to begin with.
Help in Indiana?
Jackieb is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!