View Single Post
Old 10-03-2006, 07:17 PM   #1
Tamara
YorkieTalk Newbie!

Default Constipated?Help!

Diego is a 5.9lb 1 year and 2 mth old Yorkie. He is healthy and active. He has not pooped since Sunday afternoon. He may have had an over abundance of parmesan cheese on Sunday (everyone was feeding him pieces). Sunday evening we decided not to take any chances and take him to the animal hospital b/c he started shaking and gagging (as if he were going to vomit but couldn't). They took x-rays and all came back clear...they concluded he was constipated, the dr's could actually feel the poop in his tummy. They gave him an enima but very little came out of it. We took him home and figured the enima would kick in....nothing happened. We went back to the animal hospital yesterday and they gave him another enima plus prescribed a laxative...still NOTHING. His gums are pink, his nose is wet, his appetite is huge, he is active and drinking water but his belly seems full and he has not pooped. I am really concerned...does anyone have any advice for me? Has this happened to anyone? Am I being impatient? I would really appreciate your input.

Thanks-

Tamara
Tamara is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!