View Single Post
Old 10-03-2006, 05:58 PM   #1
Mybabe4me
YT 500 Club Member

Default Babybear scared the living daylights out of me!!!!!!!!

Hi everyone,
I am now able to breathe again. Earlier tonight I had let my two big furbabies out to go to the bathroom. They come to the door when they are done. Well Bubba (the really big guy) was taken forever. So I haulered to him. Well Babybear got mad because Bubba was giving me a hard time coming in. He got so mad that he pushed himself right out of his laundry basket and onto the floor. Now mind you this is the most I have seen this Baby move that much in 9 weeks. He rolled out and put himself in a differant position. I thought for sure he reinjured himself. (over protected mom, I know) I was only about three feet away from him when it happend and couldn't get to him fast enough. He never cried or anything. Of course I picked him right up and checked every little centermeter of his body. He of course looked at me as if to say what is wrong with you mom. But when it happend my heart leaped out of my chest and into my throat. My heart is still beating a mile a minute. So now I have laid him on the floor on a nice soft blanket. This way he can't roll out of the basket anymore. (just a reminder he is the one that broke his neck 9 weeks ago and had surgery to correct it.)
One thing I can say he still rules the house. Bubba went and hid in a corner when he got in the house. I was so wrapped up in Babybear I didn't even scold him. Babybear did it for me. See before Babybear got hurt he would chase Bubba around the house to let him know he did something wrong. lol I would have to pick Babybear up to stop it all from happening. Hopefully he will keep wearing the pants in the house. lol
Now one thing I would like to ask. I have been so over protected with him. I don't let anyone else hold him or do anything with him. I am so scared that he will get hurt again. I have him with me twenty-four-seven. I have fed him and he wouldn't eat. As soon as I leave the room (I leave the food there for him) he will move to get the food and eat it. I have walked in when he is moving his head in a differant direction then I have seen since the surgery. Am I holding him back from getting better. I put him on his back legs and he will stand there for a few minutes, but the front legs are to weak. I put him in his cart( I made it so I don't know if it is right or not) he will stand there with his back legs. His front legs buckle under him. So should I start letting him try to do more things on his own. Hubby says yes. Because at this stage of the game Babybear knows mommy will do it for him if he doesn't do it.(move a paw, roll him, ect.) Please good or bad I would love to hear your commments.....Thank you so much for here me out and letting me vent.
Val
Mybabe4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!