View Single Post
Old 05-21-2005, 03:52 AM   #12
Luvmypupster
YT 500 Club Member

If you are buying a puppy as a "pet" a slight over or under bite shouldn't affect them.
Now if it's severe enough to cause problems rethink it. There are many beloved family pets that do not have the "perfect" dental alignment. My Mia had a very slight under bite, which I believe is not nearly as common as the overbite. This alone was the reason she was sold as pet quality. I think it actually looks less noticeable now than when she was a puppy. In fact it's barely noticble at all. It does not affect her smile, her appearance or her eating. She is the most darling, sweetest natured dog that I have ever had and I thank my lucky stars that I didn't turn the offer down for me to buy her because of it. I truly would have missed out on a wonderful baby girl. Or course I had no plans on showing or breeding her. I believe I read somewhere that slight under bites may correct themselves a little as they grow. Pat, have you ever heard that? Maybe I'm dreaming it ...who knows. LOL On the flip side severe bite problems can be long term problems ahead so be careful.
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!