View Single Post
Old 10-02-2006, 07:52 AM   #1
keri1973
YT 500 Club Member

Cry i almost lost my harley yesterday

i went to walmart for groceries and stuff. of course i picked him up a couple new toys and some new treats. they look kind of like beef wrapped around cheese stick things, they are soft. when i got home i pulled one out of the bag and they were really long so i cut a small piece off and took it over to his pen and gave it to him. i started unloading my bags and i heard him make a noise and i ran over there and realized he was choking. i took him out and he started running in circles and making kind of a yelping noise. i called for tim to help me that he was choking and we were rubbing his back and hoping he would cough it up. he got worse and went limp..... it scared me so bad, he stopped breathing, his tongue was hanging out and his eyes were half way opened. we freaked and of coarse had no clue what to do, i stuck my finger down his throat (which i know now i should not have done) and we were shaking him and yelling at him. my husband i and i just kept screaming and crying to each other to help and that we didnt know what to do. all of this was in front of my kids by the way :-( his heart was still beating so i put his nose and mouth in my mouth and i gave him a couple breaths. he came to a little and this foam stuff was coming out. he was able to get some small shallow breaths and he was awake so i kept giving him breaths and rubbing him and talking to him, then we loaded him up and went to the emergency clinic. all the way there i kept trying to stimulate him and give him breaths. when we got there i just handed him over crying and told them he was choking and they rushed him to the back and put him on oxygen. he ended up stabalizing on his own with the oxygen so they took and xray and they treat had made its way down to his stomach. one of his lungs had some fluid in it, she said some of that foamy stuff probably got sucked in (or blowed in by me i guess) so she gave him a shot to get rid of the fluid and gave him another shot of antibiotics just in case so he wouldnt develop pnemonia (sp?). he will also be on antibiotics for 7 more days.
anyway, we brought him home and he was bad traumatized (sp?) shaking, scared and looked real fragile. he started coming around some last night and he ate some. i'm still giving him nutrical too.

it just scared me so bad, i keep seeing his face and lifeless body... it was horrible. my daughter which is 7 was so upset when all this was going on she just ran to her room crying and slammed the door. she told me this morning she keeps hearing me screaming that he is dying, he is dying.....:-(
i keep thinking if i would have gave him that treat and went outside or jumped in the shower, i would have found him dead..... believe me i have learned my lesson.
he has been back to his spunky self this morning and i just keep thinking, wow i have had him a little over 3 weeks and i thought i loved him then, now i could just eat him up :-)
i just wanted to let you guys know....be careful.
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!