View Single Post
Old 10-01-2006, 02:51 PM   #10
Gracie2006
Donating YT 3000 Club Member

Thank you all for your help. It certainly is not about the vet bill, it is about Gracie's life and the innocense and vulnerability of her being attacked while on the leash that makes my blood boil. I need to be more assertive, and I will be. Gracie needs to learn to socialize, even if we don't do it as part of that group. There was a Yorkie there off leash, 12 years old, who did not especially like Gracie, but her mom and dad held onto her and scolded her for being snooty. I also held Gracie a lot of the time that we were visiting. Interesting, it was that Yorkie's mom that warned me about big dogs at off-leash dog parks-she almost lost her Yorkie due to an attack.

If I see that man and his Chi unleashed again, I will be calling animal control. That is an agressive dog that needs to have a permanent record. I wonder how his homeowner's insurance would like that? Yup, the number for animal control is going in my cell phone. We will avoid that group for awhile. If we are invited again, I will politely explain what happened (without mentioning any breeds) and say that we would love to join them if everyone can follow the rules and leash their dogs. I have given Gracie all of the hugs and kisses that you sent. Thanks again!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!