View Single Post
Old 09-29-2006, 08:11 PM   #10
Bnot
YT 1000 Club Member

First few weeks are the worst. I put Venus's crate beside the bed, which helped. She's about 14 weeks now, and gets me up 2 times a night now. I try to take away food at 7pm, so she won't be going out all hours, but looks like I need to go for 6pm.

I've picked up stuffed animals anywhere from the dollar stores, walmart, and pet stores. I put Venus in her crate, a few stuffed thinngs, and she goes to sleep after she finally arrives with the notion its "bedtime". When she starts whining, I just keep saying "good night" to her.

I try to keep my talk to my dogs in one word or very short phrases, to keep from confusing them. Like "goodnight" when the lights go out. Or "wanna go out" when they go out. And I use the same ones each time, without changing them. Venus is catching on now to "to the Kitchen, wanna go out, ready to go in and goodnight" now.

If you pick them up when they whine, they learn how to work you! They have your number then. They know how to get what they want, by whining. I know it can be aggitating, but try to tune them out.

I learned a lot through reading the posts in this section, and the replies to the posts! Its starting to pay off now.
Bnot is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!