View Single Post
Old 09-29-2006, 05:01 PM   #1
spaceyplum
Yorkie Yakker

Default Should I be worried?

Hi again guys! I'm not really sure wheter I should post this here as I don't think it's an emergency but I'm just curious whether I should be worried or not. Little Nemo loves to play tug-of-war and while playing with him I tugged it and he went a little nutty licking at his jaw and trying to swallow. I checked his mouth out and he was bleeding like he'd lost a tooth or something and I panicked.

A couple of minutes later the bleeding stopped and he went for his toy again and even finished his food and water yet he continues to lick his chops from time to time. I can't tell whether one of his baby teeth was pulled during the tug (hopefully not one of his permanent) or whether perhaps it was just loosened... frankly it wasn't that hard a tug so it just freaked me out. Could he have bitten his tongue? He seems to be in good spirits and is looking for more play at the tug-of-war but mommy is feeling gun shy. Am I overreacting or should I take him for a visit to the vet if he continues to lick his chops? It worries me because it's not something he normally does.

Thanks in advance for any help you could offer.
spaceyplum is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!