Thread: Strange Looks
View Single Post
Old 09-29-2006, 02:30 PM   #11
shopstump
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lacy's Mom
Dogs aren't allowed in the malls here. Living in El Paso, just at the Mexican border I come across many children, teenagers and adults that are terrified of dogs. Yes, even my little Yorkies. Here it is because in Mexico, dogs run wild in packs and carry rabies and are very vicious so they have been taught to fear dogs from a very early age. Most likely she wasn't overreacting, just has had a bad experience.
I was terrified of dogs as a little kid, even as small as a chi.. When I was about 5 my uncle had an Akita that was a rescue and was always a good dog until my little cousin had this toy that sounded like chains (we think the dog was beat with chains before my uncle had him) and he attacked my cousin right in front of me.. She was about 8 and had to get plastic surgery on her face from the damage.. but up until about 4 years ago I wouldn't have anything to do with Dogs.. Then I got with my boyfriend and he had a HUGE Rott Mix, A Cocker, and a Hound Mix.. and so I learned to deal with them..which turned into loving them! Lol.

But I don't think I ever would freak out like that.. I normally just would keep my distance.
shopstump is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!