View Single Post
Old 09-29-2006, 03:24 AM   #3
artie merlino
YT 500 Club Member

Love Get used to it!

Get used to it......your a celebrity now! Alot of Yorkie owners carry their Fur babies so they don't have to deal with that, I personally prefer mine to walk.
I have 2, 1 male Artie and 1 female Abigail when they walk on Leash they literally prance or float on air being the arrogant proud Terriers that they are.
But I do occasionally take Artie shopping, Abigail has no patience for Public Relations/Marketing since I do try to talk and promote the Breed! Besides she is more of a Guard/Patrol Dog, Artie on the other hand loves the attention! I used to live in Boston and have to take the Train everywhere, plus Boston is a very Pet Friendly City as well as San Francisco, Carmel CA, & Napa Valley.
Anywhere where people make money, they recognize the Breed, Thanks to all the Celebrity/Publicity! I used take both of them through all the Drive-thru's, I have Lunch outdoors with them sitting @ the Table w/their own plate, Artie surfs and floats on an air matress in the middle of a Lake w/me and Abigail rides a Ninja 900 with no harness or anything w/c is nerve wrecking for me to watch! I do not teach them these things to attract attention, I just want both of them to experience everything and not be scared of the unknown?
The Mall is the worst place to take them b/c of screaming excited children
& Teenagers that are Jessica Simpson Fans! (No offense to anyone!)
They have to tolerate all the attention and I have to be Patient enough to answer all the Questions! Some where deep inside.....you must be a Celebrity
waiting to get Discovered since you already have the Yorkie? With the Status comes the attention, whether you want it or not? But I do feel your Pain, looks like you better move? Definetly carry "Pepper Spray" just in case? Not to sound paranoid but I would watch out too b/c alot of the time they are scoping you out? This Breed has a high rate of Theft.....crack heads steal and sell anything & everything! When I arrived here, I had only been in Town for 2 days, some one tried to steal Artie when I had left him in our parked car
in the Parking Lot @ BIG LOTS. they shattered my rear windsheild. Everyone in the Store heard it and I came running out just in time! That cost me $250.00 to fix, but it was an expensive Lesson, needless to say I don't leave them in the Car for any length of time now. Sorry my post is so long, Good Luck in keeping a low profile......he's probably too cute w/c doesn't help much? I can just imagine
artie merlino is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!