View Single Post
Old 09-28-2006, 11:08 AM   #1
SweetCuteness
I <3 Ferdinand
Donating Member

Default IMPORTANT: Drug Recall: ADVAIR DISKUS

I work in a medical office and we received a letter today from GlaxoSmithKline (drug manufacturer) stating that there is a recall on Advair Diskus.

Package size: 60 doses
Lot Number: 6ZP3320
Expiration Date: August 2007
NDC 0173-0696-00

It is being recalled due to a low level defect that may result in the patient not receiving the medication as they advance doses through the Diskus unit. The letter goes on to say "Please examine your inventory immediately and return all units of Advaid Diskus 250/50 mcg from the retail and wholesale levels from lot number 6ZP3320 to
GlaxoSmithKline
c/o Stericycle Pharmaceutical Services
2670 Exacutive Drive, Suite A
Indianapolis, IN

For shipping assistance or questions about the recall process, please contact Stericycle Pharmaceutical Services at 1-866-324-3735. A check will be issued for the price in effect at the time of purchase. In addition, a service and hadling charge will be included based on HDMA guidelines. If you have any medical questions, please contact the GlaxoSmithKline Response Center at 1-888-825-5249 between 8:00am and 8:00pm ET, Monday through Friday.

I don't know if this lot was distributed only to this area of the US, or to all across the US, so I thought I would pass this important information on.
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!