View Single Post
Old 09-28-2006, 10:08 AM   #7
Lacy's Mom
YT 3000 Club Member

I just woke to the front page of our newspaper "Parvovirus explodes in city's dog population" so now I will be paranoid right along with you! We just had what they are calling a 100 year flood and I guess this has spread the disease everywhere with the help of the waters and flies. The article says even flies can expose your dog. I guess the vets usually see about 10 cases a year and now they are seeing that in a month. The humane society and animal control have ceased all adoptions.

I can give my own vaccines, but prefer to take them to the vet for a good checkup at least for the first in the series, but now I am paranoid about even taking them in a vet's office! I will definitely start exercising strict rules about shoes worn out must be taken off before entering the house and be very vigilant about killing any flies I see. My puppies are due their first vaccine so I am going to give it myself and not risk taking them into a vet's office.

On a positive note, I just found out that my vet is the President of the El Paso Veterinary Medical Association - didn't know this, just knew he was knowledgeable and a good vet.

Last edited by Lacy's Mom; 09-28-2006 at 10:11 AM.
Lacy's Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!