View Single Post
Old 05-20-2005, 08:09 AM   #1
StewiesMom
Stewie Rox the Sox
Donating Member

Default Desperately Need Help - Family is Getting Annoyed

I bring Stewie to my mom's house about twice a week when I visit. He is pee pad trained and I put his pad in the kitchen behind the kitchen table when I get there. Well, lately he has been peeing next to it or around it and it is really annoying my mom. Last night he followed her in the basement and peed on the floor. She told me that he is not going to be welcome over anymore until he learns to go outside.

I really want to teach him to go outside, but it is really going to be a huge chore. I cannot just let him out the back door and wait for him because of the set-up of our yard. We have two German Shepards next door who bark incessantly, especially if we are in the yard. Stewie gets nervous and won't go potty. It will be annoying to have a dog peeing on a paper for 15 years, too and I realize that.

Also, I am at work on most days so he is alone for sometimes up to 7 hours without anyone there to let him outside. I feel like I NEED to have a paper in the kitchen where he is confined while I'm gone.

A plus is that he already KNOWS he can go outside. If I walk him to the park or wherever and tell him to "make potty" he'll go #1 and #2 pretty much on command if he has to go.

Any suggestion or encouragement would be welcome. Thanks.
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!