View Single Post
Old 09-28-2006, 06:34 AM   #12
Sugar's Mom
BANNED!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SJK1113
I've been giving Jake a bath every week since I got him, and he really hates it. I have to say, he's getting better each time, but he shakes and whines, and I feel like I'm doing something mean to him.

Most everything I'm reading says not to put water in the sink/tub. I've been bathing him in the sink since he's so tiny, it's easier that way. I put a couple inches of warm water in the sink, and I have a mat at the bottom of the sink so he doesn't slip. I hold onto him with one hand, and I wash him with the other.

Do you put water in the sink/tub when you bathe your yorkie? I would think it would be colder for them with no water. I never run water while he's in there, as I don't want to scare him. I need one of those sprayer thingamies on my kitchen sink, that would make it easier.

So, how many add water and how many don't?
if my hubby iss here, I use the bathtub andd I put enough water in it that they aalmost sswim to soak their paws andd bellies. then I let that dirty water out and rinse them under the spigot. If he is gone, I use the kitchen sink (don't tell) and only use the sprayer. i love it.
Sugar's Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!