View Single Post
Old 09-27-2006, 08:05 PM   #60
Joysie
Senior Yorkie Talker

Cry

I had to put Straszny to sleep almost 2 weeks ago. I am and was heartbroken. I don't know why some people thought that he was better, he was not. I had decided not to message about this on here because of some hurtful posts by some users who felt it necessary to take an approach of scolding instead of an uplifting one. I felt very much as if I was being kicked while I was down. I am only posting now because of one special user who decided to PM me regarding my baby's health. However, I do appreciate all of the users who did post to comfort or help me. And just so you guys know, although we could not go to en emergency vet, we were in at the vet the next morning, and we DID call a poison hotline, 2, actually.

Straszny had a high level kidney damage. He was getting worse, not better and I was doing all that I could for him. Without going into details, his body was slowly starting to shut down. I was not willing to watch him suffer in hopes of an unexpected turnaround. After deliberation, we decided along with the vet that it was time to put him to sleep.

I do not have any children, he was my child. However, I do have faith in the Lord and I do not know why these kinds of things happen, but I do know that everything is in his plan. This has definitely changed me, and who knows how or why, but there was a reason. I loved my baby very much, and always will. He would have been 1 on Friday, the 29 of September.
Joysie is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!