View Single Post
Old 09-27-2006, 01:01 PM   #15
Lorraine
Donating YT 1000 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ningster
Hi everyone,

I am an owner of a wonderful 2.5 years old yorkie and I am in the process of purchasing another yorkie. I visted a CKC registered breeder and saw this adorable 4 months old yorkie. The pup has wonderful yorkie facial features. However, there's a white line along the back of the pup (where the hair parts). The dam has a light coat and I was told by the breeder that the pup is starting to break its colours.

I am just wondering if this is true. The little girl is simply a doll, in fact, she looks like a little skunk with the white line down her back. As I am intending to buy the pup, I will like to get some feedback from experienced yorkie owners to find out if this is a true breed yorkie.

Thank you!
I assume you mean CKC Canadian Kennel Club. If the breeder is a member in good standing with the CKC, registration papers should be provided with the pup verifying it is purebred. Those papers should be at no extra charge and can be non breeding or on open papers depending on how the breeder chooses to sell pups.
If it is breaking light at the part at that age, very likely it will one that will mature a light colour. Pups can change so much one way or another on darkness and lightness of colour but I would bet if parents are both light, pup will be light.
It does not mean it isn't a purebred by any means.
Lorraine is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!