View Single Post
Old 09-26-2006, 12:25 PM   #1
annaschaben
YT 500 Club Member

Teeth Roxi has delivered!!!!!!!

We are just too excited. Roxi's temp was 99.2 last night, she didn't sleep all night at all. Then this morning her temp was 98.2 and she kept having to poop and pee. She was also unsure of where she wanted to be. First she wanted to go into the kids' rooms, then under the couch, then the welping box, then the couch. Then after lunch she decided to sit on my lap. Her tummy was rock hard and she kept kind of lifting her tail and pushing her legs out. so I took her to the welping box and sat with her (she barked if I left the room). And I freaked out. She pushed for a while (not too long) and a sack came out. She pushed for about 15 min with the sack and something in it (I could tell it wasn't a head) part way out. Then I tried pulling for a little bit and the sack broke and these huge feet were sticking out. So I grabbed the box and we headed to the vet, who is 30 min away. Well 5 min down the road I managed to help roxi get the first puppy out, placenta came right after and next puppy with in 5 min of that. By the time we got to the vet we only had 2 puppies and one placenta. He sent me home saying that that would be the best place for her to finish and the puppies she has had so far looked great. About half way home she delivered the 2nd pups placenta and then the last puppy came about a mile from home. I'm pretty sure we're done.

We have one big boy and two little girls. The boy weighed almost 6 oz! Which I think is huge considering Roxi is only usually about 4.5 lb. and the girls were each just under 4 oz. If I had to guess I would say the boy is from the first tie and the girls the second.

I will post some pictures later after everyone is settled down. They are just too cute. I can't beleave I'm going to have to sell them But my hubby did say that I can get a new girl this winter.

I better go check on mom!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!