View Single Post
Old 09-26-2006, 12:06 PM   #1
pauldo
Senior Yorkie Talker

Default I bred my female and she isn't pregnant

I bred my two year old female yorkie for the first time in August. I couldn't find a suitable stud in my area, so I used Artificial Insemination from a stud in another province. The vet checked the semen sample (the 1st sample was excellent, the second one was not as good). We did progesterone testing and inseminated on appropriate dates. The owner of the stud, and the vet felt that my female would be pregnant - but she isnt. The AI cost a great deal more (with all the added expenses) than I thought it would. I get another try at it, but am reluctant to shell out an additional $500 for shipping, progesterone testing, the insemination process, etc. since I am worried she again will not be pregnant. Should I try natural breeding with her during her next heat b/f using AI again (even though I'm not that keen on the studs in this area?) The vet can't think of anything we could do differently next time as he thinks we inserted the sperm on the perfect days -- should I have any tests done on my female b/f breeding again? Anyone have any ideas as to why she may not have conceived? thanks.
pauldo is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!