View Single Post
Old 09-26-2006, 10:05 AM   #1
Snookums
YorkieTalk Newbie!

Default Does anyone have any suggestions?

Hi, I took my Snookums to the vet last Friday. She was legarthic, not eating or drinking. Had a temp of 103 degrees.He put her on amoxicillin and told me to syringe her water. Her heartbeat was 72 and told me she has a low heart rate for such a small yorkie. Anyways, I took her home and a few hours later, she seemed to be getting worse. So, went back to the vets. He took some blood, gave her a steroid shot and an antibiotic injection which was gentamycin. Also some A/D which is afood that is mainly water, to keep her hydrated. She fel t a little better the next day. Yesterday, she was acting the same way as she did when we originally took her to the vet, so last night we went back to the vets, he took her temp and it was about 102 degrees. Did another fecal. Said there was no blood. Did a blood suguar count on her and said that was fine. If she wasn't better in a couple of days, bring her back and he would do another blood count on her. Said she did look droopy. Gave me some nutra-cal to give her 3 x day. So, this morning, she is stilll the same...not very much energy. sleeping and doesn't seem to hear my voice, when I call to her...anyone have suggestions, please? Thank you for your response.
Snookums is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!