View Single Post
Old 09-26-2006, 08:32 AM   #2
mire
Yorkie Yakker

Default Hi!

I think you might have to try confining your two year old to a smaller area of the house and start from the beginning-- your baby has to earn your trust to be on the carpets and to roam freely without accidents. Start with a small area, food & water on one side and wee wee pad on the other with just enough space to move or turn but not much else. The bullseye wee wee pad will be very hard to miss. As other posters here have mentioned, reward with treats everytime your baby goes on the wee wee pad (sing, clap, dance-- they love it when they please you!) and I think you'll see that you have a trained dog in a few weeks. Never raise your voice or say "NO" when your dog is on the pad either, as this will cause your baby to associate the pad with "bad"...

I also use the same phrase "GO POTTY" and my baby associates it with using the pad. Now I just say it and he automatically goes to potty but you've gotta help create the Pavlov effect and use it everytime your baby has to go or is on the pad. And then reward with a treat!

Hope this helps... I had the same thing happen except my 17 month old went from carpets to hard wood floors and the change temporarily freaked him out for a few weeks...
mire is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!