Thread: organ donor
View Single Post
Old 09-25-2006, 03:24 PM   #1
RRRJeep861
No Longer a Member

Default organ donor

I know this is a heavy subject but....I was at the license agency recently & of course there was a long line.I couldn't help but notice that when the clerk asked people if they would like to be a donor they would quickly reply no. There were signs posted around stating 90,000 people are waiting for an organ & 19 die daily.. When I got home I checked some things out on the computer, I didn't know that in Austria,Norway,Spain,Belgium,Denmark,Finland,Franc e,Italy & Sweden all have an "opt-out" policy, which means yor ARE considered a donor unless your in a Gov.register stating you don't want to donate. Where in the U.S. we have an "opt-in" policy, where your considered NOT to be a donor unless you say you want to be one.This doesn't even address the issue of donating bone marrow,where your not even dead to do that... It got me to thinking how little most of us even give this any real thought. It doesn't seem to be an issue for us unless it hits close to home....Would you? Could you? What if it was your child? Would it matter? Why don't we? Any thoughts?
RRRJeep861 is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!